April 23, 2021

Lohri and Baisakhi - Windows to a Punjabi's Life

During my search for the article on 'Sundar Mundriye'serendipitously came across some more  articles, that I had penned for the 'News Letter' of Punjabi Biradari. One of the articles is  on the festival of 'Lohri' and  another on the festival of 'Baisakhi'. The significance of these two festivals is not lost on any Punjabi worth his salt. Thousands and thousands of articles and volumes after volumes have been written on the origin and import of these two  festivals which are typical for Punjabis.  Yet, I had shown the temerity to write about them with a purpose and in my own way. I would not let go the opportunity of exposing them to a wider audience and readership which is afforded by modern devices such as  blogs. 

Here are the copies of the articles. Since the documents are very old, quality of the scans is nothing  to write home about.
 Other minor mistakes and omissions  wrt spellings and grammar  may also be observed. These may please be condoned.  
Consider what Iqbal said

माना कि तेरी दीद के क़ाबिल नहीं हूँ मैं
तू मेरा शौक़ देख मिरा इंतिज़ार देख












1 comment:

Satyapal Kathuria said...

Hello Shyamji, good to read your articles on Lohri and Vaisakhi. I dont remember to have read them before. Thanks for sharing with me Kathuria